Replacing windows can be a great way to add resale value to your home and to improve your energy bill. They can offer aesthetic, monetary, and functional advantages, from being easy to open in the event of a fire to updating your home’s appearance.
Signs to look for
- Performance: If your windows are painted or nailed shut, difficult to open, or have condensation on or between panes, it may be time to replace them.
- Appearance: If your windows are chipped, deteriorating, or water stained, window replacement may be your best option.
- Effort: If your windows are a hassle to clean or maintain, replacement windows can cut down on the effort of upkeep. It may also be difficult to find replacement parts for your old windows.
Benefits of Replacement Windows
- Energy Savings: During both cold winters and hot summers, energy efficient windows will keep your home at a comfortable temperature and lower heating and cooling costs.
- Appearance: Replacement windows come in a variety of styles and materials so that your windows look exactly how you want them on the interior and exterior of your home.
- Ease of Maintenance: Vinyl replacement windows are easy to take care of and clean. They will look good for a lifetime and won't require much upkeep.
- Home Value: When you replace your windows in your home, you increase its value when you decide to sell it. Replacement windows mage a big difference in looks and stability.
All about Energy Efficiency
Both the window material and type of glass you select determine the energy efficiency of your home. Vinyl is a great material for insulation, easy to clean, and durable in all weather conditions. Even more important is the glass you choose. Low Emissive, or low-E windows are coated with an invisible metallic oxide that reflects heat while allowing light to pass through. Low-E windows will increase comfort levels in your home by increasing energy efficiency and reducing the fading of fabrics.
Another energy efficient option is argon-filled glass. Argon is an odorless, non-toxic gas that is sealed between your window pains to prevent condensation and frost while also making your home more sound proof. All of our energy efficient options feature energy star labels from the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) that give detailed information about the U-value, solar heat gain coefficient, and visible transmittance of the windows. These details tell homeowners and contractors how much heat and light travel through the windows.
Give us a call to find out more!
If you need replacement windows in the Columbia Area, contact Seawright Solutions for a free estimate at (803) 429-0793. We are here to help you get the look and functionality you want for your home!